REVIEW – Conrad TokyoAugust 19, 2016
Tokyo SightsAugust 19, 2016
The Conrad was fully booked for the second night in Tokyo, my final night of the trip. So, I stayed in the Hilton Shinjuku instead.
This property is much more of a ‘normal’ hotel. The lobby is constantly thrumming with people. Tour buses and airport buses are perpetually filing through the driveway but in a way you feel more like you are in the heart of Tokyo. The Conrad is a wonderful sanctuary, away from it all. The Hilton Shinjuku is almost the exact opposite.
At this stage of the trip I was beaten down by jet-lag, the constant stress of travel, no sleep and all the booze. As such I hope you will forgive my rather meagre selection of Hilton photos:
King Hilton Room
Mini bar, TV etc.
Cool chair, with paper wall and window shades.
HISTORICAL NOTE: This is the first shot I ever posted to Instagram.
At this stage, all I was thinking about was ANA First Class flight home, so I didn’t exactly go to town. Note the amazing, 3 cylinder, gold, coffee machine in the background.
- Part 1:
- Singapore Airlines First Class Lounge – London Heathrow Airport
- Part 2:
- Thai Airways: First Class – London to Bangkok
- Part 3:
- Sofitel So Bangkok
- Part 4:
- Bangkok Sights
- Part 5:
- Thai Airways First Class Lounge – Bangkok Airport
- Part 6:
- Thai Airways: First Class – Bangkok to Tokyo
- Part 7:
- ANA and United Business Class Lounges – Narita Airport
- Part 8:
- Asiana Airlines: Business Class – Tokyo to Incheon
- Part 9:
- Hyatt Regency Incheon
- Part 10:
- Asiana First Class Lounge – Incheon Airport
- Part 11:
- Asiana Airlines: First Class – Incheon to Tokyo
- Part 12:
- Conrad Tokyo
- Part 13:
- Hilton Shinjuku
- Part 14:
- Tokyo Sights
- Part 15:
- ANA First Class Lounge – Narita Airport
- Part 16:
- ANA: First Class – Tokyo to London